Saturday 24 September 2016

Hey, I put some new shoes on and suddenly everything is right.

I spent this morning walking in the open fields around the Frey’s village with the camera hoping to take a good photo.  I don’t think I succeeded on that count but I did pick 2 four-leaf clovers.  After my walk I found a lovely café in town and enjoyed a coffee and something sticky that was delicious while watching the rest of the world rush past before went back to the house. 
I had planned to spend this afternoon in idle relaxation without the bike but; being in one of the most beautiful areas that Europe has to offer I couldn’t say no when Theo offered to come with me to get some new tyres.  Then he added that we could take the long way home (via Austria).  Well who am I to say no to that?  After all I need to check that the tyres work and petrol is cheaper in Austria, so it seems rude not to.
We set off and after both bikes received some attention from Theo’s local garage, I followed his BMW towards the distant mountains.  Needless to say the ride was lovely and a couple of hours later we pulled up at home having seen Neuschwanstein Castle AKA the “Disney Castle” or “Fairytale Castle” and a green river, green in the extremely cold looking glacial style.  

Neuschwanstein Castle
It's not true love unless you say it with an old piston.
Deep and cold?  Oh yes, very.
Typically, I didn’t have the SLR with me so my photos are from my phone and don’t do either place justice.

When we got back supper was waiting and I dove into the selection of local meats, cheese and bread all washed down with the finest Bavarian beer, is there nothing that Bavaria doesn’t have!?

No comments:

Post a Comment